Well this is exciting! Brianna nominated me for The Liebster Award which is apparently something for new blogs as a way to get to know the blogger. Since I struggle to find things to blog about, this is a good way for me to write a blog!
Recipients of the award must complete the following:
1. List 11 random facts about you.
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster award and provide a link to their blogs.
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept their award.
- I point blank refused to do PE at school on several occasions. I was the fat kid – hated getting changed in front of the other girls, I was always really far behind everyone when it came to running or… anything and I also wasn’t very popular so it made everything ten times worse – so I just told my teachers I was not going to do PE. I think it was the only class I ever got into trouble in.
- I used to play the drums. Not very well I might add but the reason I got with my ex was that he was a drummer too. I sold my drum kit when I was pregnant to buy baby things and haven’t picked up drumsticks since.
- I also used to be a photographer. I did live and promotional band photography mainly but I also went into weddings for a while.
- I’m not very well travelled. I was a Haven kid so we went as North as Scotland and as South as Cornwall but never left the British Isles. I went to Paris with school at 11, Majorca at 13, New York at 16 and we went to Spain with the family a few years ago. I have dreams of travelling all over and I will one day.
- I have a sarcastic, dry sense of humour most of the time. Even my daughter often has to ask, “Are you being sarcastic?” since she’s still trying to grasp the art of sarcasm.
- When I was in my early teens, I was desperate to be an astronaut. Now I have no idea what the hell I’m going to do post-graduate.
- I write, a lot. I keep a diary, I have two blogs, I write on Word. I started a novel but scrapped it and haven’t picked it back up again yet. I’m scared of failure.
- I’ve broken my right thumb a few times and as it wasn’t set right the first time, it bends out slightly. I can’t play video games for a long time because it hurts.
- I’m a big superhero fan. I lean more over to Marvel, unconsciously, but Superman was my first encounter with the superhero genre and will always have a special place in my heart.
- I don’t really know why I started to run. I have no big story; I just decided one day that I’d like to give that a try and I did. I’m so glad I did.
- I’m pretty selfish. I don’t like to share.
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Indecisive
- What is your coffee beverage of choice? Latte
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Peanut butter and jam on a wholemeal bagel.
- What was the last film you watched? Jane Eyre
- What is on your bedside table? This
- Why do you blog? Because I like to write and it gives me some focus.
- Do you believe magic is real or just an illusion? An illusion.
- Do you have a favorite flower? What is it? I don’t think I do have a favourite.
- I never leave home without ________ my iPhone. I annoy myself at how much I rely on it.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? I’m pretty addicted to Starbucks right now and spend too much money on chai tea latte’s. I also enjoy smoking far too much although I don’t do it regularly anymore.
- Sunrise or sunset? Sunset
- If you could on holiday tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is your favourite blog?
- Tea or coffee?
- If anyone would play you in a film of your life, who would you want it to be?
- What mobile phone do you have?
- What would be your ideal lazy day?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is the most expensive item of clothing you’ve ever bought that you just HAD to have?
- What’s your most recent new release (2012/2013) favourite film?
- How many books have you read this year?
- If you were a chocolate bar, what chocolate bar would you be?
Several of the people I nominate aren’t really new bloggers but since I don’t read that many blogs anymore, I have to go with what I have!
- SJ @ Book Snobbery
- Jessica @ Dancing on Tiptoes
- John @ Fit For a Year
- Hannah @ Red Head on the Run
- Bekki @ Scruffy Viking
- Marc @ Run, Hemingway, Run
- Sarah @ Goldilocks Runs
- Helen @ Afeitar
And I think that’s all I have! Have fun with this, I did!